A healthy lifestyle doesn’t look the same to everyone. At XR we want to support everyone in their own version of healthy. Here is a simple recipe to add healthy nutrients to a baking classic, banana muffins.
Instead of processed cocoa powder we added our Chocolate Protein + Superfood mix. An easy substitute that adds flavor and 11 nutrients important for strength and performance! Plus it’s plant-based with pumpkin seed so no one will notice any difference but the delicious melt in your mouth flavor.
Chocolate Protein Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup XR Chocolate Protein + Superfood
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, XR Chocolate Protein + Superfood, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir into flour mix until just mixed. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake in oven 20 – 25 min, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*recipe adapted from Crafty Cooking by Anna